Setting animated video as a wallpaper on your iPhone/iPad’s home screen or lock screen is really cool. Here we are going show you how to set animated video as a wallpaper on your iOS device’s home screen or lock screen.
A Cydia tweak named vWallpaper 2 allow us to do this. Though it is not a new tweak, Developer Julioverne update this to iOS 11. All you need is a jailbroken iDevice to go though this process. Currently jailbreak is available for iOS devices running on iOS 11 to iOS 11.3.1. You can jailbreak iOS 11 or above using Electra jailbreak. This tweak is already available for older iOS firmwares including iOS 10.
You can watch the demo video given below to know exactly how it works.
After watching the video, you might be curious to know how to set it on your iOS device. Lets direct get into the process.
How to Install vWallpaper 2 for iOS 11:
- Launch Cydia on your iOS device and wait for packages to refresh.
- Tap Sources. It will bring you to next page. You can see Edit option on top right corner of the screen. Tap it. Now you can see add option on top left corner of the screen. Simply tap it.
- A small prompt will appear on the screen. Enter the URL given below in the URL of section of prompt and tap add sources.
- Wait for Cydia to add this source and refresh the new packages under added repositories. After few seconds, you will see, Return to Cydia option. Tap on it.
- Now hearover to search button on Cydia and search for vWallpaper 2 for iOS 11 package. Tap on package. Now you can see install option on top right corner of the screen. Simply tap on it and again confirm it by pressing confirm option.
- Now your device will get respring automatically. Tap restart spring board after completion.
- vWallPaper 2 will appear on your home screen.
Now that we have installed vWallpaper 2 tweak. Now its time for us to set animated wallpaper using this tweak.
How to Set Animated Wallpaper on iOS 11:
- Tap vWallpaper 2 on your iDevice app menu.
- Click on Manage current theme.
- You can see many options here. LockScreen:Video and HomeScreen:Video. Simply enable which ever you prefer. You can also enable both of them if you want.
- By default it will take electra jailbreak animated theme. If you want to change it, simply tap the settings option right below LockScreen:Video or HomeScreen:Video options. You can find some videos there. If you want to set custom video, Tap on download more option. You can see many videos and wallpapers.
Hope you all set beautiful animated video as a wallpaper easily on your iPhone/iPad. Vwallpaper 2 for iOS 11 currently has 2000+ videos in their library. You can access all them in “Download more” section. Setting a custom animated wall paper will give you a new look to your iDevice. Comment your experience with this app in comment section. We love to heat from you.