Torngat is a third-party app designed for iOS 11 (and some of its iterations). This app helps you prevent the app revokes that sometimes render certain third-party apps useless.This app also allows you to block the Over the Air updates. It is a pretty handy tool for those who like to use third-party apps downloaded from outside App Store. Torngat iOS app has a simple and easy to use interface. It is also easy to install. In this article, we learn how to install this app on the compatible iOS devices. Keep reading!
Torngat is a wonderful way to avoid app revokes and to prevent Over the Air (OTA) firmware updates. We will go through the complete installation procedure step by step.
Compatibility: Torngat App is available only on the iOS versions from 11 to 11.1.2. It will not work any any other older versions. The good news is that it works on a wide range of devices including the latest ones iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone 7. You can also have this app on iPhone 7 series provided they have the compatible firmware version. You may also install it on iPad and iPod Touch with the supported iOS versions.
Download & Install Torngat for iOS (iPhone/iPad) Without Jailbreak:
This part is very easy. But, we will install the app from an external source and not from App Store. This is why make sure you follow each step carefully. You can have the app running in minutes. Here is what you need to do:
- Run the Safari browser and go to https://next.tweakboxapp.com. Remember that the process will only work if you are using Safari and not any other browser.
- When the page loads and is covered by an ad, simply close that ad to proceed.
- Also note that if you are using Nesstool iOS app make sure you turn it off first. With Nesstool running the webpage will not work.
- Now tap ‘Apps’ tab on the page on the top.
- Scroll down and tap ‘Tweakbox Apps’.
- Scroll all the way down on the next page and tap ‘Torngat’ (if you can’t find the app use the search function on the page).
- Tap ‘Install’ on the page.
- A confirmation dialogue box will appear asking for your permission to proceed; tap ‘Install’ to continue.
Now you will see the Torngat icon on the home screen of your device. Wait for the app to install.
Once it is installed, run it by tapping the icon. You should see “Untrusted Enterprise Developer.” That’s because this app’s profile is not signed yet. Here is how you can fix this:
- Go to Settings
- Open General
- Open ‘Profiles & Device Management’
- Tap ‘Torngat’ profile in the list
- Click ‘Trust’ on the next screen
- Tap ‘Trust’ again on the prompt
Now go back to the home screen and run the app. It will work now.
How to Use Torngat App on iPhone/iPad:
The home screen of the app will show four buttons:
- Change Resolution.
- Block Revokes.
- Block Updates.
- Control Center.
We will only deal with Block Revokes and Block Updates using Torngat iOS app. Do not use ‘Change Resolution’ as it may cause harm to your device.
Tap ‘Block Revokes’ button and on the next screen on the bottom press ‘Block’ again to prevent the app revokes. You can press ‘Block Revokes’ button again and press ‘Unblock’ to reinstate revokes.
Tap ‘Block Updates’ and then ‘Block’ on the next screen to prevent OTA updates. You can confirm this by navigating to Settings > General > Software Update. You will see the error message ‘Unable to Check for Update.’ This means your device will not update to the new firmware automatically until you Unblock the updates from Torngat app right from your iPhone/iPad.
One can also go to Control Center and enable the feature. This will allow you to customize those control center modules that otherwise cannot be customized.
If you are looking for an iOS app that can help you prevent app revokes on the latest iOS versions then Torngat is the perfect choice for you. This app is not only easy to install but pretty easy to use as well. With just a press of a couple of buttons you can block revokes. It also lets you block the OTA updates so that your device doesn’t end up installing a new firmware on its own.