A new jailbreak has been released for iOS 11, iOS 11.1.1, and iOS 11.1.2 devices called LiberiOS. This jailbreak is semi-tethered and works on iOS 11 and some of its iterations. Currently, LiberiOS does not include Cydia but it is expected to do that soon. It will be available as soon as Cydia get updated for iOS 11.
LiberiOS jailbreak app, of course, is not hosted on App Store. So, we will learn how to side-load this app onto your compatible iOS devices. In the following text we will look at the app compatibility, followed by prerequisites before moving on to the actual installation process. Here we go.
LiberiOS has been designed for he latest iOS firmware versions from iOS 11.1.1 to iOS 11.1.2. This means it will work on the latest releases including iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone 8. If you have iPhone 7 series devices with the compatible firmware, you can install LiberiOS on them as well. Additionally, it also works on iPad and iPod touch with compatible versions of firmware. There are already tools available to jailbreak iOS 10.3.
Note: iOS 11.2 and 11.2.1 are not supported.
Here are some of the things you need in order to install this app:
Device Backup: Make sure that you back up your device completely before jailbreaking. This way you will not lose any data in case something goes wrong.
Device Battery: Ensure that your device has enough battery to last through the jailbreak process.
Computer: You will need a computer to download IPA file and Cydia Impactor. This process requires a computer. You can use a Windows or Mac computer.
IPA File: You can download the IPA file from a trusted source on your computer. You can download it from the link given below. If you have any issue with the download link, please comment below.
Jailbreak iOS 11.1.1/iOS 11.1.2 Using LiberiOS ipa:
We are all set now. All you have to do is follow the steps below to install this ipa file:
- Plug in your iOS device into the computer via the USB lightning cable.
- Launch Cydia Impactor and allow it a few seconds to detect the device.
- Make sure that your device is selected in the Cydia Impactor dropdown.
- Go to the folder where you saved the LiberiOS IPA file.
- Drag the file and then drop it anywhere over the Impactor interface.
- When prompted, sign in using your Apple ID and Apple Password.
- If you see the ‘Apple Developer Warning’, click ‘OK’.
Now simply wait for about a minute or two for the app to install on the device. Once the installation is complete disconnect the iOS device from the computer.
When you will try to run the app on the device, you will get ‘Untrusted Enterprise Developer’ error message. We will have to fix this by signing the app. Here are the steps:
- Open Settings from the home screen.
- Navigate to General > Profiles & Device Management.
- Locate the LiberiOS profile and open it.
- Tap ‘Trust’ followed by the name of the profile.
- When the prompt appears tap ‘Trust’ again.
Go back to the home screen and run Liber iOS App. A simple looking, graphics-less screen will appear.
On this screen simply tap the ‘Do it’.
Now your device will be jailbroken. This will also prevent the auto-update of the firmware. It is important because if the firmware is updated you will not be able to use LiberiOS.