Filza is the app to get the root access to files and folders on iOS 11. Unlike the other apps, you don’t need to jailbreak your device in order to get the root access. You get complete root access without jailbreaking and without affecting the device warranty. But, there is a word of caution. This app is for advanced iOS users who know how to deal with the system files. You will not want to end up causing damage to any such file, which may eventually cause damage to the device.
Now I will show you how to download and install Filza app. Later we will learn how you can use this app to gain access to root files on an iOS device.
Filza app is compatible with iOS 11 to iOS 11.1.2. It may also work on iOS 10 with all its iterations. But, there is no guarantee. The good news is that you can install this app on the latest iPhones including iPhone X, 8 and 8 Plus.
Filza iOS app is a third party app and hence it is not available on App Store. This is why we will have to side-load it on your device. The manual installation method is outlined below.
How to Download & Install Filza for iOS (iPhone/iPad) Without Jailbreak:
This app is easy to install. Here are the steps:
- Go to https://next.tweakboxapp.com using the Safari browser. Remember to use only Safari as other browsers are not compatible with the installation process.
- If a pop-up ad appears, close it.
- Now select the ‘Apps’ tab on the top.
- Scroll down a bit and tap ‘Tweakbox Apps’.
- Scroll down again and tap ‘Filza’ on the list.
- Tap ‘Install’ on the next screen.
- Tap ‘Install’ again when you see the confirmation pop-up.
- Return to the home screen by pressing the Home button.
You will see the Filza icon wherever there is space on the home screen. Allow the app to install.
Now when you will run the app you will see the error ‘Untrusted Enterprise Developer.’ To fix this follow the steps below:
- Open Settings app from the home screen.
- Select General.
- Go to Profiles & Device Management.
- Click the profile name ‘Amssy Software’ under Enterprise Apps section.
- Tap ‘Trust “Amssy Software”’.
- Tap ‘Trust’ again when the prompt shows up.
If you face this untrusted enterprise developer error frequently, you can use tools like AntiRevoke for iOS to stop apps from getting revoked or crashed. This is working very well on latest iOS devices running on iOS 11 or above.
Go back to the home screen and run the app.
You will need to press the ‘back’ button on the top right several times to access the iOS folders. Tap the ‘Applications’ folder to see the list of the permanent apps (stock apps) installed.
You can also open the ‘Library’ folder to view the system ringtones.
You can also go to System > Library > SpringBoard to see all the internal sound files.
If you wish to explore the system files and different folders, you can get root access using this app. This app can be downloaded from the TweakBox website. The best thing about Filza is that you can get the root access without having to jailbreak your device.